Sunday, January 07, 2007

Smoked Salmon Salad

I wanted to make a light, refreshing Sunday lunch today, so I decided on a salmon salad. I bought this smoked salmon at World Market, but you can also find it in the grocery store. I used whole wheat penne pasta, grape tomatoes, fresh basil, a balsamic vinegar glaze, and Newman's Oil & Vinegar Dressing.

After I boiled and drained the pasta, I added equal portions of the glaze and dressing and stirred it into the pasta until it was well-coated. I added salt and pepper to taste. I chopped the basil, sliced the tomatoes, and pulled the salmon apart with a fork.

Then I combined all the ingredients on our individual plates. I mixed equal parts of the dressing and glaze in a squirt bottle and added it to the top of the salad.
It was very good, and it took me only about 20 minutes to prepare it, which includes the time it took for the pasta to boil. If you don't like salmon, you could substitute chicken. Next time I will add feta cheese and black olives.

1 comment:

Amby said...

Did you put a little bit of salmon on Dad's plate and make him "at least try it"?