Friday, June 06, 2008

Frozen Fruit Cups



This is a frozen fruit salad with a crunchy/slushy texture which is divided into individual portions. You can keep them stored in your freezer and pull one out whenever you want. It is high in vitamins A and C, high in fiber, and is loaded with antioxidants. I added one fresh peach to this recipe and the flavor really stood out, so I plan to add a lot of fresh fruit the next time I make it. Just do what you like and whatever you have time for. It is a great summer treat for adults and kids alike. I can't describe in this post how delicious it is. You will have to just try it!


Frozen Fruit Cups

12 oz undiluted orange juice concentrate
6 oz undiluted lemonade concentrate
1 - 15 oz can fruit cocktail in light syrup
2 - 15 oz cans unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
2 - 10 oz bags unsweetened frozen strawberries
6 bananas, sliced and quartered
fresh peaches, grapes, pears, or your favorite

Combine ingredients and pour into individual containers. Freeze for about 4 hours. Thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving.


Chop the strawberries:

And the bananas:

Stir all the ingredients together:

Spoon into containers.

I like these because they have lids.

Place in the freezer for several hours.

Thaw to desired slushiness, which for me is about 20 minutes. Enjoy poolside, or wherever!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the addition of fresh peaches make these fruit cups even better. I too have been craving them. They are great!!