Monday, January 22, 2007

Chicken Salad

Chicken salad is very refreshing and nice to have on hand. I use light mayonnaise, which helps to cut down on the calories. You could also use sour cream. I like to add pecans and celery. Sometimes I add grapes, too. The combination adds a nice sweetness to it. This is actually not even a recipe because I don't measure to make it, but I will estimate the ingredient amounts.Chicken Salad
6 cooked chicken breasts
4-5 stalks of celery
1 cup pecans
2 cups mayonnaise or sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
Run celery and pecans in food processor until small pieces, but not ground. Pulse chicken through carefully just until small-medium pieces. You can also hand-shred or chop the chicken if you want it to be chunkier. Add all ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate. This keeps well for several days.
I particularly like this rolled up in a whole wheat flour tortilla. It is also good on toasted bread or a croissant. I hope you enjoy it!


No comments: