Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Dressy Tablescape

It is Christmas Eve night and I have finally finished my dining room table. This year, instead of a tablecloth, I opted for something different. I bought a white matelasse twin comforter (T.J. Maxx) that I used as my tablecloth. I found a beautiful gold throw with boulle fringe at Target, and I placed it on top of the comforter. The throw could be placed at an angle or crunched up in the middle of the table, but I decided to lay it flat. I made these napkin rings last year out of beads from the craft store threaded onto stretchy plastic string. It's very easy. You can perfectly match them to your china.

I bunched tuille onto the middle of the table and placed the candles I covered with paper (from a previous post) on top of it. Then I interspersed a beaded gold garland with the candles. It is actually a look that could be used year round.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your table was beautiful. Love the matlasse idea!

Amby said...

The food that you put on the table was really good, too.

Vickie said...

Thanks Ams