Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Christmas Tree for your Kitchen

I started decorating a Christmas tree for my kitchen several years ago and I have really enjoyed it. I have some new ornaments as well as some unlikely and sentimental ones. Williams-Sonoma carried miniature kitchen tools a few years back, and that's what actually inspired me to start it. It adds a nice cozy atmosphere to my kitchen and it has been fun to buy new ornaments for it.


I have bought several miniature coffee and teacups, like this one:
I got this ornament at Hallmark this year:

I am VERY sentimental. I have Gil, Amby, and Zac's silver baby cups and I polish them every year and put them on the tree. I also have Amby and Zac's baby spoons and forks that I tied on with red ribbon.
My favorite ornament is one I bought from Hallmark several years ago. I love the detail. It connects to the lights and it looks like the oven light is on. There is a pan of cookies in the oven, a pan on top of the stove already decorated, tiny jars of sprinkles, and even a Mr. and Mrs. Santa salt and pepper on the top.


Just some ideas for you to make your kitchens even cozier this season. Or, you could start collecting for next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi vikkie, i emailed you a year ago about your kitchen christmas tree, i was wondering if you know about what year ornament the stove is that you have on that tree and is it like a hallmark or just something you found somewhere other than christmas time. thanks diane

Vickie said...

Diane,
As I said in the post, it is a Hallmark ornament. I bought it at Christmas time, probably in the early to mid nineties.