Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mushroom Artichoke Soup

This is a rich soup that is good to serve before an entree, but is also hearty enough to be the main course. I make many different kinds of soup, but I think this one is my husband's favorite.
Mushroom Artichoke Soup

1 small onion, chopped
3/4 stick butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cans artichoke hearts, chopped with bottoms discarded
1 carton chicken broth
1 cup 1/2 & 1/2
salt & pepper to taste

Saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour and blend. Then add chicken broth and heat to boiling until thickened. Add mushrooms and artichokes and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add 1/2 & 1/2 and heat through.

I like to buy mushrooms that are already sliced:
Incorporate the flour into the onion and butter until blended:

This is the finished product:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made your mushroom and artichoke soup last night and it was wonderful!

Kristin Taylor

Vickie said...

Good! Glad you liked it.