Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Beef & Cheese in Won Ton Wraps

Sometimes I feel adventurous and want to create something different out of whatever I have in the kitchen. I did that tonight with ground round, three kinds of cheese, and won ton wraps. This would be a great appetizer if it were done in a mini muffin tin, but I served it as a main course, using a regular muffin tin.

Beef & Cheese in Won Ton Wraps

1 pkg won ton wraps
1 lb ground round, browned and drained
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled into very small pieces
1 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Place won ton wraps in muffin tin with the corners facing up, forming small cups. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into the won ton cups. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.

(Note: The baked cups and filling can be prepared a couple of days in advance and stored in the refrigerator).

The won ton wraps can be found chilled with the produce section or in the refrigerator section of most grocery stores. Place them in the muffin tin like this:
This is how they turned out:

They were delicious. Next time I will try adding either jalapeno or bell pepper. You could also add onion, if you are so inclined.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter is standing behind me snooping at the blogs I read.

She loves anything Won Ton, sees this and says "Ohhhhh that one looks good, lets make that one"

Fine, just add it to the grocery list :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh! This one sounds great. I love cheese. Do the won ton wraps get crunchy when they are baked?

Vickie said...

They are a mix of soft and crunchy. I used an airbake muffin tin, but if I had used a regular muffin tin, they would probably be crunchy all over. I hope you try them!