Saturday, December 20, 2008

Personalized Christmas Wreath

This is a variation on an idea I saw in a magazine. I made one for a friend and one for me. You can vary on this basic idea, depending on your color and style preferences.

Supplies needed:

Ball jar tops and rims (one for each letter of your last name)
Alene's Tacky Glue and/or hot glue gun
Rust-oleum brown textured spray paint
Rust-oleum hammered copper spray paint
tube of Rub n' Buff paint in gold
wooden ring
wooden letters
acrylic paint for letters (I used red and brown)
fresh greenery
wire


Glue Ball jar tops into the rims and allow to dry thoroughly:

Paint with about 2 coats of brown textured paint. Then pass over each lid with a spritz of hammered copper paint. It gives an aged look:

If desired, rub on a very small amount of gold Rub n' Buff with a soft cloth:

I found this wooden ring at Michael's. It was perfect for what I wanted to do. They have them in a larger size, also.

Glue the lids across the bottom of the ring:

I bought these letters at Michael's, also. I painted them red, then rubbed on some brown to antique them. The name "franks" is plain red. The name "walker" has been painted red, then antiqued. You can do these in whatever color you like. After they have dried, glue each letter to a lid.

Wire fresh (or artificial if you prefer) greenery to the top. This is the finished wreath:

You can remove the greenery after Christmas and store it to use again.

No comments: