Friday, December 19, 2008

Icy Candleholders with Fresh Greenery

I saw this amazing idea at Big Red Kitchen. She did a gorgeous layered centerpiece, but for the sake of time, I did something very simple. Check out her blog and see what she did. She also has some great looking recipes.

Start out with a glass container. I used a vase. Place a pillar candle into the container. Then scrunch up some plastic wrap down into the bottom. I used a knife to get it down into the corners:

Then add enough water to cover it:

It immediately starts to look like partially melted ice:

Add some fresh greenery and berries, and you are done. And it will keep looking icy wonderful regardless of the temperature!

2 comments:

The Diva on a Diet said...

Vickie, this is so gorgeous I simply can't get over it. Just stunning! I can't wait to try it myself. :)

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and much happiness in the New Year!

~Diva

Vickie said...

Thank you, Diva. I wish the same for you.