Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Fantasy Christmas Tablescape


This post is part two of my adventure painting a tiny Christmas Village. In the above picture, you can see the curtains I added to the houses and the stained glass windows I added to the church. (You can click on any of these pictures to enlarge them).

I had already decorated my kitchen table for Christmas, but by the time we ate off of it a few times, the tablecloth needed washing, so I decided to use another favorite tablecloth and do a totally different looking table. This tablecloth is made of a soft flannel and is covered in a snowy Christmas scene. I decided to use the tiny Christmas village I had just completed as my centerpiece.
I found this cute picket fence at Hobby Lobby. I decided to use batting for the "snow." I traced around the fence and cut it to size.

I already had a few trees, but I bought some more at Kmart. You can also find these at Michaels and Walmart.

I wanted sugary, magical candlelight to go with my village, so I applied tacky glue (slightly diluted with water) to my candles and then poured clear glitter on them and shook off the excess.

I also did that to the rim of the votive holder.

This is how they turned out:

I added the trees and a snowman to complete the scene. I placed battery tea lights inside the church and the houses to give them a nice glow.

This is an aerial view of my new real estate. The snowman sees us.

No comments: