Thursday, August 02, 2007

Parmesan Pepperoni Bread

Today was one of those days that I intended to go to the grocery store and got busy with other things and just didn't make it there. So, I had to make do with the various ingredients I had in the kitchen, which I think is a fun challenge. I was making spinach bisque, so I wanted a moist, cheesy bread to go with it. I had a package of pepperoni on hand, as well as freshly grated parmesan cheese. With Bisquick as the foundation, I put this recipe together.

Parmesan Pepperoni Bread

2 cups Bisquick
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1/2 stick butter
3/4 cup chopped pepperoni
1 tsp oregano
sesame seeds

Combine all ingredients except sesame seeds. Pour into a greased 9" cake pan. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve warm.

Pour into a 9" cake pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375...

....until golden brown:
It went perfectly with the spinach bisque.

2 comments:

April said...

I want that Spinach Bisque Recipe..

Vickie said...

Click on the words "spinach bisque" that are purple on this post. It is a link to the original recipe. I hope you like it! It's very rich.