Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Pasta Salad

This is the pasta version of the potato/pasta salad that I posted back in September. The best part about this salad is the dressing. You can then just pick your favorite pasta and vegetables to put it all together. My favorite pastas for this are bowtie and whole wheat penne. The vegetables I used this time were cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, and bell pepper. Yellow squash, zucchini, and celery are also good. And onion, of course, for all of you onion fans.

Pasta Salad

12 oz pasta (your favorite)
1 cup mayo (I use Kraft Light)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp prepared mustard
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt (or more if needed, to taste)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp dillweed
assorted vegetables, chopped

Cook pasta al dente (Italian for "to the tooth", or cooked but not overdone). Drain. Combine dressing ingredients and gently mix together. Add vegetables. Refrigerate.
Yield: About 10 servings


Chop vegetables:

Cook pasta and drain:

Combine ingredients and refrigerate:

I served this with Honey Baked Ham sandwiches. It was a great meal to have after a 100 degree day.

2 comments:

April said...

Hey Mrs. Franks, I made your Pasta Salad tonight, and it was great. We had Broiled Flounder Filets and Pasta Salad. I know it really doesn't sound like it goes together but Martin was wanting fish tonight and I was really wanting to try your recipe. It turned out great.

Vickie said...

Yea! I'm glad you liked it! It really goes with alot of different things and I'm glad it was good with the flounder.