Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Gingerbread Muffins

I love homemade gingerbread. It has a very comforting taste to me. I found a mix that is, in my opinion, as good as homemade. It is made by Krusteaz and can be found on the grocery aisle with the cake mixes. All you add is water and eggs, and I also add chopped pecans. You can bake it in a pan to make a cake, or, like I did, in a muffin tin. This time I did both mini muffins and regular size muffins. One mix made 12 mini muffins and 6 regular muffins.You can actually see in the picture how moist they are. There are directions on the back for gingerbread cookies, also, but I haven't tried that yet. I have a scratch recipe for those that I will post when it gets a little closer to Christmas. There is a also a recipe for a praline topping on the side of the box that I have tried and it is wonderful, but just takes a little time. If you want quick, easy, and delicious, the basic recipe is all you need.

No comments: