Last night I placed a stick of butter in the microwave to melt it. I put the butter in a Tupperware container that I received at my kitchen shower almost 29 years ago. I liked that container because it was the perfect shape for a stick of butter. Well, I thought I set the microwave for 30 seconds, but, no, I got distracted and I actually set it for 30 MINUTES. After I set it, I went upstairs to work on my computer. I started noticing a strong butter smell, a little like caramel icing. I went downstairs and the microwave had been running for about 6 of the 30 minutes and this is what I found:
So much for my container. I let it cool and it peeled off. I'm glad I realized it when I did.
Another time, many years ago, I left water boiling on the stove to make tea and went to another part of the house. All of the water boiled out and the bottom of the pot melted into a large droplet down under the eye. It looked like a modern art sculpture. Too bad I didn't save it. I could have combined it with my Tupperware and made something really funky.
I am posting this to show what can happen in the kitchen if you get distracted like I did. Plus the melted mess was just pretty amazing looking. Be careful when you cook. I truly hope that all of your uncommon kitchen endeavors are safe ones!