Friday, March 14, 2008

Cookies on a Stick

This is a fun project that you can do for a child's birthday party, a shower, party favors, or, as in this case, an Easter decoration. In this post, I will show how I make these cookies, and in my next post, I will show how I used them in an Easter tablescape. In the past, I have used craft sticks the size of popsicle sticks, but this time I found these longer, thinner ones (pictured above) and liked them better. I got them at Michaels.

First of all, I prepared the cookie dough. I used the Nestle Toll House recipe on the back of the bag, but used miniature morsels. Then I placed a few pastel Easter M & M's on the top of each cookie. You can also bake M & M cookies if you would rather not use chocolate morsels.

Once the dough is prepared, shape each cookie into a nice thick round shape. Then place the stick into the dough.

Place the M & M's onto each cookie. Allow plenty of room on your cookie sheet. And make sure it is greased.

Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes. The M & M's will crack.

Lay a square piece of plastic wrap on the counter with the bottom corner facing you, and place the cookie in the middle:

Then bring the top corner over to meet the bottom corner:

Wrap the sides of the plastic wrap around the cookie toward the back and pinch it together under the cookie. Tie a ribbon around it:

With only a small amount of effort, you have transformed an ordinary cookie into a very special treat.

1 comment:

Finelly said...

Oh my goodness, I love it! So cute!