This sandwich recipe uses biscuit dough instead of bread and it makes a neat little sandwich which is great anytime. It is really good to pack in a lunch box. They are great served with mustard and a pickle.
Mini Reuben Sandwiches
2 cans Pillsbury Grands Golden Homestyle Buttermilk biscuits (total of 20 biscuits)
1/2 lb corned beef, sliced
1 can sauerkraut (you will not use the whole can)
sliced or shredded cheese (I used Swiss)
1 egg, beaten
1. On a floured surface, roll out each round of biscuit dough.
2. Top half of them with corned beef, folded into quarters, then sauerkraut, then cheese.
3. Brush edges with egg and top each with another biscuit.
4. Seal edges with a fork and brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
5. Bake at 400 for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Roll out each biscuit round on a floured surface:
Top with corned beef and sauerkraut:
Then top with cheese and brush edges with egg:
Place a biscuit on top of each one and seal with a fork. Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes...
...or until golden brown:
This sandwich could also be made with other fillings.