Friday, January 18, 2008

Easy Crock Pot Beef Tips and Rice

This recipe is a version of the traditional roast in a crock pot recipe which uses Lipton Onion Soup Mix, but with beef tips instead. It is quick, easy, and delicious.

Easy Crock Pot Beef Tips and Rice

3 lb beef tips
2 tbsp oil
1 pkg dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk

Season beef tips with salt and pepper. Lightly brown in a skillet in 2 tbsp oil.
Place in crock pot. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over beef tips.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for about 6-7 hours. Serve over rice.
Yield: 8 servings

Brown beef tips in oil:

Combine soups and milk. Pour over beef tips and cook in crock pot.

It makes a wonderful gravy:


To accompany the beef tips, I made a combination of brown and wild rice which I cooked in chicken broth.


I served this with fresh baby green beans...

And fresh tomatoes.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Reading this is making me very hungry...yummy pics...

Hey I put your bookmarks up over at my Gingers Journey blog

http://gingersjourney.blogspot.com/

Vickie said...

Thank you Ginger. I saw your post about the bookmarks. I really appreciate it!

Holly said...

Mmmm! I made this the other night and it was so good and SO easy! I've got to find more sow cooker meals this good!

Vickie said...

It is amazing how easy it is. I will post more like it.