Saturday, April 28, 2007

Greet Your Guests with Flowers

In the spring and summer months, I like to have flowers at my back porch door (which is the door everyone uses). I found this interesting vase at the Pepper Place Saturday Market, which, incidentally, starts May 12. It is a grapevine wreath with a jar woven into it. Since I don't have flowers in my yard yet, I bought this bouquet at Publix. It provides a cheerful and colorful entrance which hopefully will make everyone feel welcome and special.

My Aunt Betty and cousin Dana were here from Atlanta this weekend, so we used the opportunity to have a spend-the-night party with them and my aunts Margo and Maxine at my house. We had a time of fun and secret exploits. My Aunt Peggy joined us for breakfast and we had fried ham, biscuits, scrambled eggs, and smoked gouda grits. There were great ideas and philosophies shared, as well as on-site Pilates demonstrations. As I've said before, my aunts are really kooky and fun. They are also very supportive of me, my family, my blog and possible future endeavors, and my baby, Ally Gator.

Here they all are, left to right: Betty (holding Ally), Margo, Dana, Peggy, and Maxine:

I am very grateful to have such a sweet family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when pepper place market started. THANKS!!!! The wreath is great.

Vickie said...

You're welcome! Maybe we can take the guys and make a day of it.

Anonymous said...

Perfect!