Monday, April 02, 2007

Fettuccine Alfredo with Grilled Chicken

This recipe comes from Betty Crocker's International Cookbook. I have made it many times and the alfredo sauce rivals any I have ever had in a restaurant. I like to use fresh fettuccine, which takes only about 3 minutes to cook. The sauce comes together quickly, too. For us, I doubled the sauce and used 1-1/2 packages of pasta, but still used just four chicken breasts. Doubled, it serves 8.



Fettuccine Alfredo with Grilled Chicken

3-4 chicken breasts
Newman's Own Oil & Vinegar Dressing
8 oz fettuccine, uncooked
1 stick butter
1/2 cup whipping cream
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
dash of pepper

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and marinate for about an hour in Newman's Dressing. Grill chicken and slice.
In a medium pot, bring water to boil with about 2 tsp olive oil and cook fettuccine until done, 3-4 minutes, if fresh. Drain or remove with a pasta spoon.
Meanwhile, heat butter and cream over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper. Keep on low heat until pasta is ready.
Place chicken on noodles and pour sauce over it.

The sauce is ready in about 3 minutes:

Cook the pasta al dente:

Gil grilled the chicken for me and it was perfect:

I found this kalamata olive boule at Western in Mt Brook. It originally came from Edgar's Bakery. Finding it is what inspired me to make this meal and it went with it beautifully.

Yes, it is high in calories. No, it is not the way we eat every night. We eat healthy most of the time. But it's ok to splurge every once in a while. I promise that the flavor of this sauce is worth every calorie.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might have to try this one :-) I like that the cream sauce seems easy. Didn't have any plans for dinner, now I do thanks.

Vickie said...

I hope you like it. It's really good left over, too.

Anonymous said...

OH MY HOLY LORD, left over HA I served it 12 minutes ago and everyone inhaled it. GONE no left overs at all.

Anonymous said...

That sure is a cute dog standing in your doorway.

Anonymous said...

I will definitely try this one if I'm ever home long enough to cook. It looks delicious and easy enough for me to make. :o)

Vickie said...

It IS very tasty, as you can see by what ceejay said, which I thought was really funny, by the way. It won't take you much time to make it.