Sunday, July 05, 2009

Chili Mac

I had jury duty a few weeks ago which I actually really enjoyed. During that week, I had the opportunity to eat lunch at the Alabama Power cafeteria. I had Chili Mac and it was delicious. So I perused the interweb and adapted a recipe from a combination of several.

Chili Mac

1 lb ground chuck
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
8 oz pasta, cooked and drained (elbow macaroni is traditional, I used penné)
1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
1 can white shoepeg corn
1 pkg chili seasoning mix
1 can drained petite diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Brown ground chuck with onion and pepper until done. Drain. Return to skillet and add remaining ingredients. Pour into a large greased baking dish or individual oven-proof dishes. Top generously with cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes. Serve with crusty buttered bread.


Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions and drain:


Cook ground beef, onion, and bell pepper together until done and drain. Add remaining ingredients:

Top with cheese and bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes.


5 comments:

Stacie said...

This looks delicious. I love comfort food. So simple and so tasty to eat.

Clem said...

Would love to make it, but how big of a can of tomato sauce. There are so many sizes?

Vickie said...

Thanks Stacie!

Carol-Lynn, Sorry I didn't specify. It was a 15 oz can. I added it to my post!

Basic Meatloaf Recipe said...

very nice posting....thanks.

Janet said...

Love the music!!!