Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti

Today I was in the mood for chicken spaghetti but didn't have any particular recipe to follow. I have eaten chicken spaghetti many times but have never actually made it. So I perused the web and did my own adaptation from a combination of several recipes. I also wanted to use ingredients I already had. The Rotel tomatoes will give it a kick. You can certainly use regular canned tomatoes if you would rather. Other additions that would be good are green bell pepper, mushrooms, and black olives. You can easily tailor make it to your own preference.

Chicken Spaghetti

3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
8 oz spaghetti (I used whole wheat)
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained well
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese

1. Cook spaghetti in boiling water until cooked al dente.
2. Meanwhile, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, tomatoes, sour cream, Worchestershire, and parmesan cheese. Add drained spaghetti, onion, and celery. Pour into a greased baking dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
4. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Yield: about 6 servings


Chop onion and celery and sauté in butter until tender.

Stir together chicken, sour cream, soup, Worchestershire, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. (I would use a larger bowl than this. It will give more room for the spaghetti).

Cook spaghetti until done, then drain and add to the chicken mixture.

Pour into a greased baking dish:

Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

The result is creamy and delicious.

7 comments:

Diedra said...

I have never heard of this recipe before today. Will have to try it! You Rock!

Vickie said...

Wow, thanks, Deidre. I really hope you like it!

Anonymous said...

This one is on the menu for next week. I've got to try it. It looks delicious!

Dianne ;)

Holly said...

Thanks for this yummy recipe! I made this for my parents when I was visiting and everyone loved it! I'll definantly be making this again very soon!

Diedra said...

This was excellent! My dh who thinks green peppers are too spicy was not thrilled about picking up a can of Rotel for this, even if it was the orginal one!

He ate two sevings. We all loved it.

Debra Graybeal said...

I can't wait to try this out. I love your blog! I'm trying to get my own started. Thanks for sharing all of your creative ideas with us!

Take care,
Debra Graybeal
Rainbow City, AL

Vickie said...

Dianne and Debra,
Thanks and I hope you like the recipe!

Holly and Diedra,
Glad you enjoyed it. The best part is how easy it is.