Friday, February 29, 2008

The Aunt's Corner - Damaris - Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

This recipe comes from my Aunt Damaris.Damaris is married to my Uncle Bill, my mom's older brother. She is very smart and I really enjoy being around her. She also has a great sense of humor and is really fun to talk to. She is a good cook, and her pie recipe has always been a hit whenever I have baked it. It is easy to make and is basically fool-proof. I use All-Ready pie crust dough, but you can make your own or also use the frozen kind if you prefer. I have also baked this in the Bama brand individual frozen pie shells. They come 8 to a pack, and I think this recipe will fill about 12 of them.

Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

1 Pillsbury All-Ready pie crust
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Hershey's Mini Morsels
3/4 cup pecans

Place pie crust in pie pan. Combine ingredients and pour into pie crust. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Combine ingredients:

Pour into prepared crust:

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. The top will be a crusty golden brown, and the inside sumptuously chocolate.

2 comments:

Rachel L. Roll said...

um this looks delicious! i love pecan pie and i love chocolate so i am thinking this is right up my alley!

Vickie said...

Thanks Rachel! I do think you would like it. Happy Birthday, by the way.