Friday, October 06, 2006

Cinnamon Pinecones

I am pretty much a fragrance purist-I don't like strong flowery smells, unless it's actually a flower. I like unusual, clean, earthy fragrances, such as eucalyptus, tea tree, and menthol. And I love cinnamon. For years, during the fall months, I would smell the cinnamon pinecones as I would get near the crafts section at Walmart. It was like they beckoned me. A couple of years ago, I finally bought some. They come in a net bag (shown) and cost $2.96. They are great to put in a basket and place in any room, or possibly on a porch. They could also be glued to a fall or Christmas wreath. They are very strongly cinnamonly fragranced, however. Beware. They are not for the faint of heart non-cinnamon-lover. To me they smell like fall and Christmas combined. I highly recommend them.

2 comments:

Amby said...

I got mine out the other day. However, they no longer beckon me with their smell of cinnamon. I guess you have to buy new ones each year? Where might one find them if they don't frequent The Wal-mart? (Are you prepared for challenges that your readers may present?) (Can you tell I'm bored at work giving me time to leave you pointless, yet challening comments?)

Vickie said...

What a challenging and perplexing question from an uncommonly artistic individual. Yes, you have to buy new ones to be beckoned. I think Michaels has them. I will research it and get back to you.